March 26, 2009

How I Will Rate the Burritos

All official testings will adhere to the following guidelines:

* The Super Veggie Burrito is the best thing to order for overall superiority. As mentioned, black beans will generally be sought out, but not necessarily. Super Veggie Burritos must contain: rice, beans, cheese, avo/guac, and sour cream. While it is okay to score based on a burrito other then a super veggie, it should only be done in special circumstances. In general, if the place I am visiting has a burrito they call a "Veggie Burrito" I will generally choose that.

* Each Burrito will be graded on:
- Composition (5 points). This mostly means how the burrito is wrapped, if it stays together the whole way through, how easy it is to eat, how evenly distributed the ingredients are in the wrap. Good burritos should stay delicious the whole way through, not getting too soggy or falling apart.

- Ingredients (5 points). This both means the quality of the ingredients added, but also any special ingredients specific to the local taqueria, or anything else that qualifies.

- Size (3 points). A good burrito should be enormous. Ideally, finishing the best burrito in one sitting is a menacing challenge, however not necessarily. The easiest way to lose points here is for me to finish a burrito on a relatively empty stomach and still be starving (especially if I had a soda and some chips).

- Taste (10 points). After all, this is what really matters isn't it? Great taste can trump any of these other factors. I will do my best not to let intoxication factor into this scoring, but I cannot promise. And finally,

- Value (5 points). Not just how much the burrito was, but how much it felt like it was worth. Burritos should be between 5 and 8 dollars.

This does only add up to 28, but that's my age as of writing this, 5 points on size just seemed like too much, and I couldn't think of any other categories.

*subject to change if I feel like it cuz I'm in charge*

No comments:

Post a Comment