March 24, 2009

I WILL FIND IT.....

I am officially on a quest to find the best veggie burrito in the area. Currently, that is the Mission District of San Francisco, and I will stick to this area until I have fully researched it (or move) - however there may be a burrito review from elsewhere from time to time. So, a couple basic groundrules:

* In general, I will try to base my judgement on the taste of a Super Veg Burrito - that is, rice, beans of any style (although I should probably lean towards black beans to keep it "veggie"), cheese, guac/avocado, sour cream, tomato, and possibly salsa, wrapped in a standard flour tortilla. I am allowed to alter my personal preferences by asking them to abstain from adding: lettuce, raw onions, or cilantro, as well as any additional ingredients that seem unnecessary to me. However, I am allowed to step outside of those guidelines as I wish for experiences sake, keeping in mind that the "integrity" of the unbiased testing may be compromised.

* I shall define the "Mission District" in the same way that Yelp! does, between duboce and Cesar Chavez Sts, Dolores and Potrero

* A general guideline for the places I visit: Any place that boasts being a "Taqueria" should be visited, however, I will try to visit any Mexican restaurant that allows you to order a burrito and eat it in the establishment without being "served". Sit-down Mexican restaurants and Taco Trucks are not necessarily included, although I will not ignore them (especially if they boast a must-try burrito).

* It is okay for me to recreate reviews from places I have tried, so long as I am absolutely sure I remember the burrito

* The categories will be defined as the search becomes more refined.

* This is my own damn opinion and may be colored by personal experience.

So! Step No. 1 is to recreate some damn reviews. Let's read on..... (now that I apparently care about this stupid quest).

No comments:

Post a Comment