December 31, 2009

El Tepa (18th & Folsom)

El Tepa - 2198 Folsom St (@ 18th)
Visited: 12/15/09

Ordered: Super Veggie Burrito
Cost:$ about 6?

Overall Description: For the most part a decent, but below-average burrito. There was just this underlying taste that I didn't like too much. It was certainly not offensive, but unspectacular.

Composition: (out of 5) 3 - Solid enough, but there were unexpected pockets of different textures.

Ingredients: (out of 5) 2.5 - This time there was too much rice and beans, not enough sour cream/guac/salsa/cheese (there's almost never enough cheese). Nothing was distasteful, but it wasn't fresh or bursting with flavor.

Size: (out of 3) 2 - I could have ate more of this but instead opted to only do half as I wasn't especially hungry and knew I could make use of it later. But it was two small meals instead of a large and medium one as I'm used to.

Taste: (out of 10) 4.5 - Not bad, but so underwhelming it's scoring just shy of a medium

Value: (out of 5) 3.5 - It was relatively cheap, but for a sub-par burrito, that's not a great value, is it?

Total Score: (out of 28) 15.5 - Would I eat here again? No. I'd recommend pretty much anyplace else, and it's not open very late, so I doubt I'll be back. But it's not too bad...probably makes a mean something-or-other.

Additional Comments: Chips and salsa equally underwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment