July 20, 2009

La Corneta (Mission @ 23rd)

La Corneta - 2731 Mission St.
Visited:7/10/09

Ordered: Super Veggie Burrito
Cost:$ 6.25

Overall Description: Everyone raves about this place, and I had what I thought was a small but tasty burrito there before. However, this visit was completely different to what I remembered. I had a very average but large burrito for a decent price.

Composition: (out of 5) 3 - They use lettuce, which is a big no-no for me. Other then that it was pretty tasty, solid, didn't get too drippy and each bite was much like the last.

Ingredients: (out of 5) 3 - Nothing stellar, but nothing I could complain about. Other then the lettuce, they did use avocado instead of guacamole, and the rice and beans and salsa were tasty, but didn't stand out that strongly.

Size: (out of 3) 3 - I really thought I remembered this place making unsatisfactory small burritos, but this one was quite large. I ate half of it then put the other half away for a second meal.

Taste: (out of 10) 6.5 - Just shy of getting a 7 because I didn't find it all that impressive, but it was enjoyable enough both fresh and as a leftover so I wanted to give it more then a 5

Value: (out of 5) 4 - This place works, it just closes earlier then most of it's counterparts.

Total Score: (out of 28) 19.5 - Good, not great. Confusing because I was expecting a smaller burrito that tasted excellent. Guess they make em differently on Friday nights?

Additional Comments: Chips and salsa pretty bland and stale. Too bad, there's lots of space to sit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment