January 28, 2010

Taqueria San Jose (Mission & 24th)

Taqueria San Jose - 2830 Mission St (@ 24th)
Visited: 1/23/10

Ordered: Super Vegetarian Burrito
Cost:$8 bucks or some shit like that

Overall Description: Ugh. I was really dreading reviewing this place - I've eaten here twice before and been completely turned off both times, but it was before I started this blog. This place is almost kitty-corner to El Farolito, but never has a line, which should be ones first clue. I guess their convenient location keeps them in business, but this place should be avoided at all costs, especially if you eat veg.

Composition: (out of 5) 1 - I got a third into the burrito before seeing any guacamole or sour cream. The lettuce (lame!) consumes the most of the burrito so you can't get a bite without it. It seemed lacking in cheese, rice, beans, guac, sc - all it had in abundance was lettuce.

Ingredients: (out of 5) 1 - Once you get past the main part of this burrito, it becomes a sloppy wet mess. Think sour cream covered lettuce w. a little bit of beans. It drips every where - I even squeezed out some of the sour cream water and dug some of the lettuce out just so i could take a few more bites (for sustenance).

Size: (out of 3) 3 - I will give it this - this burrito was a very good size. However, since I didn't want to take home the more then a half I didn't finish, that doesn't translate to much.

Taste: (out of 10) 2 - I give this a 2 instead of a one because I didn't want to puke after eating it. However, if I had ate more of it, I can't say I wouldn't have wanted to puke.

Value: (out of 5) 1 - Huge price tag for potentially the worst burrito I've ever had. Fuck you Taq San Jose, and all yer patrons can go to hell too.

Total Score: (out of 28) 7 - That's right, 25%. So worthless. I've suffered enough and will never eat here again.

Additional Comments: The salsa selection was also poor. My friend got the veg nachos - sans beans. What arrived was a plate of nachos, covered in cheese and lettuce. More lettuce, really? Not even any salsa. This place blows - I'd rather return to La Taqueria for the mushiest burrito ever then suffer this kind of meal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment