August 25, 2009

La Taqueria (Mission @ 25th)

La Taqueria - 2889 Mission St.
Visited: 8/24/09

Ordered: Veggie w. Avocado and Sour Cream
Cost:$5.67

Overall Description: We knew this was not going to be the standard burrito from the get-go. The burrito size was decent, but it was way squishier then I'm accustomed to for a wrapped entity. Overall, this burrito was subpar at best, but the staff was super nice.

Composition: (out of 5) 2 - Wrapped poorly and messily. There was no tension in this burrito so the ingredients sort of sloshed around. My buddy's Carne Asada dripped everywhere. Also, they used sliced cheese instead of shredded, so all the cheese was on one side of the burrito.

Ingredients: (out of 5) 2 - I don't think I had any rice in this burrito! The Sour Cream was kind of watery, and the guacamole felt overpowering because there werent enough ingredients. The black beans were fine I guess.

Size: (out of 3) 1.5 - Well, it looked big, but because it wasn't bursting full of burrito goodness, it was pretty easy to finish off. And I was a little hungry by the time I got home (granted a few beers later).

Taste: (out of 10) 4 - I think I'm being slightly generous here - this burrito wasn't bad by any means, but I was very under-impressed. I'm likely just being nice to accommodate for my educated palate.

Value: (out of 5) 2 - I walked in and saw that a veggie burrito was 3.60. That's a deal! However when I made sure to get the sour cream and avocado that is standard w. all the Super Burritos I get, it ended up being about as much as any other place. Factor in that this place closes early (I've tried going in the past as I've biked past it so many times), and the burrito is loose, this is not a deal.

Total Score: (out of 28) 11.5 - That speaks for itself. This is the worst burrito I've had on this side of Ceasar Chavez except for the Taqueria San Jose that I am purposefully postponing reviews for.

Additional Comments: Awful busy for such an awful burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment