August 4, 2009

Taqueria Guadalajara (24th @ Shotwell)

Taqueria Guadalajara - 3146 24th St
Visited: 7/20/09

Ordered: Si[er Veggie Burrito
Cost:$6ish?

Overall Description: This was a damn good burrito in a sweet little location. I remember being quite impressed with my first bite, and the seating area indoors had these quaint little seats that added an extra air of atmosphere. While not amazing, this was a solid and delicious burrito.

Composition: (out of 5) 4 - Each bite was similar to the last, the sour cream was not overwhelming, and I remember a lot of flavor.

Ingredients: (out of 5) 4 - Plenty of flavor, although not the freshest I've ever had. They used avocado instead of guac, the beans had plenty of flavor, and the rice was a nice texture without being too moist.

Size: (out of 3) 3 - I ate most of this and then the rest later, so it satisfied by size requirements

Taste: (out of 10) 8 - While quite tasty, this burrito did not go "Above and Beyond" in terms of flavor.

Value: (out of 5) 5 - If I could remember how much this was, I might give it a five - I liked this burrito and this location a lot.

Total Score: (out of 28) 24 - A nice score from an unexpected taqueria amongst many on 24th st!

Additional Comments: The habenero salsa is amazing - delicious, flavorful, and that great kind of spice - starts in your mouth and travels down your throat!

No comments:

Post a Comment