August 4, 2009

Pancho Villa Taqueria (16th @ Valencia)

El Pancho Villa - 3071 16th St
Visited: 8/3/09

Ordered: Super Veggie Burrito
Cost:$

Overall Description: Good, not fantastic.

Composition: (out of 5) 3 Well put together, but a bit heavy on the sour cream and rice actually. I did like the salsa blend throughout. Lots of diced tomatoes however - I like tomatoes plenty, probably more then most people, but this was a little excessive in terms of flavor and texture. I also had to ask them to omit the lettuce - a flaw in my opinion.

Ingredients: (out of 5) 4 - Even though the pot my black beans came from looked a little "left over", the ingredients were all pretty fresh. The overabundant tomatoes had flavor and the cheese and salsa complimentation made up for the rice and sour cream mild over kill.

Size: (out of 3) 2 - Eh, I ate this without much problem.

Taste: (out of 10) 7 - This was a good burrito - but it didn't wow me. I don't know, could be because Ive had SOO MANY veggie burritos of similar composition, but I still think from time to time I should bite into something and just think "hell yeah, this is a 9 or 10!"

Value: (out of 5) 4 - This place is open late and quality - also the 16th street location means it's both closer to the bars then El Farolito, as well as other relatively decent late-night options.

Total Score: (out of 28) 20 - Solid entry, not kicking out any favorites, but I'd wanted to go here for a while and was not at all disappointed.

Additional Comments: Habenero salsa here was also tasty, although I didn't like it as much as Guadalajara. This place is always pretty busy, and has more seating then other late-night places so it's a good go-to I would imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment